Why Mummy MOT® Basic Pelvic Floor Assessment course?
Maria Elliott (Founder and CEO) and team personally teach each course.
This one-day course will cover all aspects of performing an assessment with external palpation and internal vaginal examination of pelvic floor muscles. The course is designed to give an overview of the internal and external anatomy of the female pelvic floor and lumbopelvic hip complex. By working our way from the “outside inwards”, it will guide practitioners through systematic assessment of the pelvic floor both externally and internally, relating this to the functional anatomy and physiology relevant to conditions seen in the post-natal client.
- Review and consolidate anatomy of the external pelvis, joints, ligaments and muscles
- Understanding the association between pelvic floor complex and lumbopelvic region
- Enhance palpation skills of the external pelvis and female pelvic floor complex
- Consolidate knowledge in relation to the postnatal client
After completing Basic Pelvic Floor training, you will be provided with a training certificate (worth 7 CPD hours).
Completing this course will mean you meet the prerequisites of the Mummy MOT® Training;
- Have experience in performing a pelvic floor assessment.
- Be comfortable and competent in performing a basic vaginal examination.
In the event that you later cancel your place, you will be funded in accordance with the following terms:
- More than 90days before the event: full refund minus a £47 admin fee.
- More than 30 days before the event: 75% refund.
- More than 14days before the event: 50% refund.
- Less than 14 days before the event: No refund is given.