Tutors: Aby Tobin Bsc MPOGP MCSP HCPC
Course delivery: Self paced online learning and 1 practical day.
Course Format: Scheduled throughout the year, participants can book onto preferred date once enrolled on course. All online content must be completed prior to attending practical day.
Practical day dates:
- Sunday 24th March 2024
- Sunday 9th June 2024
- Sunday 15th September 2024
Location: Talisman Gym, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 7AA
Time: 9:30am -17:00pm
CPD Hours: 20 points
Once you have enrolled in the course you will gain access to our online learning platform. Here you will find the online modules and theory test to complete prior to the practical day (the course date you enrolled for).
The in-person day will then put all the theory into practice, after this practical day you will have a case study assignment to complete.
A full brief will be given on the practical day and materials needed to complete on the online platform.
Pre Requisites: Attendees of the Fit Pro course must have at least level 3 personal training qualification, Experienced Yoga or Pilates Teachers (4 years teaching + 2000 hours), or degree level qualification in fitness related field e.g. strength and conditioning or sports therapy. If you have any questions about our prerequisites or are unsure of your eligibility, please contact email@example.com.
Why Mummy MOT Fit Pro Training?
Mummy MOT Fit Pro Training is ideal for any fitness professional wanting to work with the postnatal population. The course introduces the principles of rehabilitation specific to the postnatal population, examining common postnatal conditions and how this might influence recovery and exercise programming.
How is a Mum’s anatomy and physiology affected by growing and birthing a baby?
What impact does that have on her ability to exercise postnatally?
What impact do conditions such as diastasis, prolapse, incontinence have on a Mum’s recovery?
How do we know when we are optimally loading a postnatal Mum to improve safely but efficiently?
How do we safely reintroduce higher skilled movements and get a Mum competition ready?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe exercise programming for a postnatal client within the scope of your role as a fitness professional, underpinned with an understanding of the precautions for the individual.
- Critically reason your exercise programming and progression based on the condition or dysfunction.
- Objectively measure the success of an exercise programme, adapt to client feedback and identify when to refer onto medical professionals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current best available evidence in postnatal exercise rehabilitation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of anatomy and physiology of the postnatal population, as well as common postnatal conditions and symptoms.
How will the course be delivered?
The course will be delivered through self paced online learning via our Mummy MOT portal to learn the theory underpinning postnatal exercise, and a comprehensive practical day where we will apply that theory to real case studies. The practical day will be held in a fully equipped gym and you will be expected to actively participate in practical exercises.
How do I pass the course?
To ensure participants have sufficient knowledge to apply on the practical day, the online learning and short theory test must be passed prior to the practical day. After the completion of the practical day all participants will be required to submit a case study assignment to pass the course and be eligible to become a Mummy MOT Fit Pro. Once the case study assignment is passed you will receive your certificate and details of how to apply to become a recognised Mummy MOT Fit Pro.
Benefits for your Business
The Mummy MOT training program is an excellent opportunity to grow your business and provide valuable services to postnatal women. Upon completing the training, you have the option to purchase a license to use the official Mummy MOT branding on your company's website and marketing materials, as well as access marketing opportunities on our social media platforms.
- The opportunity to grow your business and provide valuable services to postnatal women.
- The option to purchase a license to use the official Mummy MOT branding on your company's website and marketing materials.
- Access to marketing opportunities on Mummy MOT's social media platforms.
- The Mummy MOT brand has a strong presence on social media and has gained attention through good will activities, national media coverage, and national news coverage.
- The ability to generate local leads and have them sent directly to your inbox.
- The opportunity to promote your business on Mummy MOT's Instagram page, which has over 50k followers mostly mums in the UK.
- Assistance with national news coverage and PR activities.
- Access to branded merchandise.
The Mummy MOT brand has a strong presence on social media, and has gained attention through good will activities, national media coverage, and national news coverage. By registering your business with MMT, we can also generate local leads and send them directly to your inbox. Our Instagram page, with 50k followers mostly mums in the UK, is another opportunity for local promotion of your business. Mummy MOT can also assist with national news coverage and PR activities.
As a licensed Mummy MOT Fit Pro, you will have access to all of this. These resources can provide endless opportunities to market your business and generate leads. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
In the event that you later cancel your place, you will be funded in accordance with the following terms:
- More than 90days before the event: full refund minus a £47 admin fee.
- More than 30 days before the event: 75% refund.
- More than 14 days before the event: 50% refund.
- Less than 14 days before the event: No refund is given.