Assessment of Lower Bowel Dysfunction: including Anorectal Assessment and Clinical Context of OASI (3rd and 4th Degree Tears).
Friday 11th November 2022
This is a one-day introductory course aimed at achieving basic competence in the assessment of lower bowel dysfunction and anorectal examination, demonstrating how this is applied to the clinical management of women who have suffered OASI.
- Overview of anatomy and physiology of lower bowel/anorectum.
- Subjective assessment of lower bowel dysfunction
- Objective assessment of lower bowel dysfunction including anorectal examination.
- Principles of management of common lower bowel dysfunction
- Aetiology and prevalence of OASI
- Application of anorectal assessment and examination following OASI
- Physiotherapy management of OASI (principles of treatment modalities including biofeedback/neuromuscular Electrical stimulation)
- Multidisciplinary management of OASI
The course will be delivered with regular reference to clinical case scenarios, making it more relevant to your practice…and interesting!