- Teach basic assessment and palpation skills for the abdominal viscera/organs that get shifted or affected in pregnancy, and women's health issues such as Endometriosis/Adenomyosis.
- Learn the locations of the pelvic organs when palpated viscerally through the abdomen and how to influence them.
- Differentiate layers of tissue from skin to organs; like the broad ligaments of the uterus and ovaries.
- Build on palpation and assessment skills to treat;
- lower back and pelvic pain,
- release of c-section scars,
- diastasis (improve the gap in 1-2 sessions),
- diaphragm for breathing issues,
- bladder urgency and infrequency,
- period pains,
- pelvic floor (yes, we can influence the pelvic floor with touching it directly)
- How do the organs influence each other?
- How are they connected to our skeleton and how does this affect a pelvic issue?
- Why do visceral organs become restricted or refer pain?
- Any restriction, fixation or adhesion to another structure implies structural impairment of that organ and tissues.
What skills will you learn?:
- Learn what lies between the rectus abdominis and psoas major muscles and how the viscera are suspended.
- Able to palpate and assess intraperitoneal and subperitoneal organs and fascia.
- Develop basic skills to palpate and assess abdominal viscera in order to help treat back pain/pelvic pain/acid reflux and post abdominal surgery.
- Assess diaphragm excursion.
- Learn how to treat the postnatal woman or women’s health issue with a unique 360 degree approach.
- Understand the implications of intraabdominal pressure, adhesion, or restrictions from above in the abdominal cavity on the pelvic organs.
- Assessment and treatment of DRA and C-Section scars and the relevance to visceral mobility
What techniques will you learn?:
- Broad Ligaments of the Uterus
- Uracus (bladder ligament)
- Pubovesicle Ligament
- Suspensory Ligaments of the Ovaries
- And much more!
Once you have done this course you will no longer be able to ignore the abdominal area when carrying out an assessment!
This is a very practical based course, be willing to work with each other’s tummies and explore what you find!
Plus, you will receive a beautiful informative manual covering everything you have learned which will support your training after the course!
We look forward to seeing you!
In the event that you later cancel your place, you will be funded in accordance with the following terms:
- More than 90days before the event: full refund minus a £47 admin fee.
- More than 30 days before the event: 75% refund.
- More than 14days before the event: 50% refund.
- Less than 14 days before the event: No refund is given.