WHAT IS A MUMMY MOT?
The Mummy MOT is a specialist post-natal assessment recommended for all women following delivery whether 6 weeks or many years after. Already part of every new mother’s standard post-natal rehabilitation in France, trained specialists assesses the strength and function of the tummy and pelvic floor muscles to help prevent long-term childbirth related complaints.
WHAT DOES THE MUMMY MOT INCLUDE?
- 1-hour post-natal assessment with a Specialist post-natal Health Physiotherapist
- In depth check of pelvic floor strength and tummy gap
- Assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- A bespoke post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals. This includes specific and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength
- Cost: £140 including Assessment and Rehab programme
WHO NEEDS A MUMMY MOT?
After having a baby, half of all women have a weakness in either their tummy or pelvic floor area, while over a third suffer with complex pelvic pain. This can create instability and weak core strength and results in altered transfer load, back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and bowel weakness.
A Mummy MOT helps women avoid these distressing and often embarrassing symptoms. The assessment by a specialist physiotherapist of the tummy gap and pelvic floor enables the creation of a bespoke post-natal recovery programme plan devised especially for the woman, her lifestyle and fitness goals, including specific and safe post-natal exercises to regain stability and optimum function.
WHO DOES THE MUMMY MOT?
Mummy MOT founder, Maria Elliott is a Specialist post-natal Chartered Physiotherapist and a Clinical Pilates instructor. She trained in the US and France and has worked in women’s health for over 30 years. She specialises in Pre-natal and post-natal physiotherapy as well as treating and coaching women with Complex Pelvic Pain.